1. How did you realize you knew how to draw? Did you always know?
Having been born in an artist’s family, my father being an architect always had the pleasure and the comfort to draw, so since the childhood, I draw. It was innate to me. But it is not to draw in a representational way.
2. Describe your technique, which is very unique.
Well beyond the technique which is a system of coat and coat and coat. There is a powerful instinctive energy and different I know practically always or I have to cut, put some red of the green. For it is needed a lot of energy and It does not learn, people who copy me must know it.
3. How do you choose the colors?
I don’t choose colors, globally, I love all my paintings, they impose upon me following the periods.
4. What is your favorite work, and, have you ever painted someone you are really proud of?
My preferred is often the last one, like a mother with her children. My favorite painting will thus be the last one before my death. I am particularly proud of my painting of OBAMA and Charles De Gaulle others I am proud of it also but they are not known people.
5. Non-conventional paintings: cars, other surfaces…
I adore the atypical projects, unfortunately when you work with knives It is not always practicable.
6. What paintings do you have in your home?
I have a painting abstract whose name is Trauma and another whose is Untitled 741.
7. Who are your favorite artists?
Jean-Michel Basquiat, Hans Hartung, Giovanni Boldini, Lucian Freud, Paul Klee, Willem de Kooning, Philipe Pasqua, Jenny Saville, Damien Hirst, Maurizio Cattelan, etc… There are a lot of artists that I like but I look for my own inspiration.
8. Future paintings?
God only knows. The decoration of a big Parisian hotel.
Read more interviews from Feel Desain now!