Vix Muniz lives and works in New York City and Rio de Janeiro. Muniz is best known for recreating famous imagery from art history and pop culture with unexpected, everyday objects, and photographing them. Each work is a photograph taken of an arrangement of hundreds of other photographs that represent a photograph… and they are huge. Below, find full images and “details” of four works in the show. Muniz says that when he takes photographs, he intuitively searches for “a vantage point that would make the picture identical to the ones in my head before I’d made the works”, so that his photographs match those mental images.
Join our newsletter now
- I'm trying to win a #Memobottle A5 - Do you want it? Follow @feeldesain and discover more! #giveaway https://t.co/VXqYWfilK2 27 novembre 2015 - 10:48 da Gleam Competition App
- #smart #waterbottle #kickstart https://t.co/e9RZDYfAY6 https://t.co/yfO1vgSPnB 25 novembre 2015 - 05:01 da Buffer
- #storypod #innovative #library https://t.co/BmC7lQvrlP https://t.co/U2LgHlLSAt 25 novembre 2015 - 11:49 da Buffer
- "Daily scenes at the bus stop" #lastnightatthebusstop #travishuggett #photos https://t.co/S36PMlHmDS https://t.co/YMzEocm6hM 25 novembre 2015 - 10:03 da Buffer
- #top15 #design #lamp https://t.co/Hh9n2PVwUO https://t.co/H4ebQtgGPd 24 novembre 2015 - 08:04 da Buffer