Vix Muniz lives and works in New York City and Rio de Janeiro. Muniz is best known for recreating famous imagery from art history and pop culture with unexpected, everyday objects, and photographing them. Each work is a photograph taken of an arrangement of hundreds of other photographs that represent a photograph… and they are huge. Below, find full images and “details” of four works in the show. Muniz says that when he takes photographs, he intuitively searches for “a vantage point that would make the picture identical to the ones in my head before I’d made the works”, so that his photographs match those mental images.
Join our newsletter now
- The Greatest Free Fonts 2014 – Sans-Serif 2.073 views
- Sound app for making musical graphics | Patatap 1.759 views
- 30 free fonts 1.414 views
- Minimalist Flat Icons Of Famous ‘Star Wars’ Characters 1.289 views
- 25 of the world’s most creative statues and sculptures 1.264 views
- LAMP MAKES YOU THE DESIGNER 1.194 views