Vix Muniz lives and works in New York City and Rio de Janeiro. Muniz is best known for recreating famous imagery from art history and pop culture with unexpected, everyday objects, and photographing them. Each work is a photograph taken of an arrangement of hundreds of other photographs that represent a photograph… and they are huge. Below, find full images and “details” of four works in the show. Muniz says that when he takes photographs, he intuitively searches for “a vantage point that would make the picture identical to the ones in my head before I’d made the works”, so that his photographs match those mental images.
Join our newsletter now
- LIVE on #Periscope: Lunch italy https://t.co/0AfhzHsYJz circa 4 ore fa da iOS
- LIVE on #Periscope: Creative Coffee break https://t.co/JQ9XmL1JOJ circa 5 ore fa da iOS
- Small but ferocious animal hybrids | Volkswagen ads http://t.co/oqorqH7l0J #ad #ads #advertising #creative #vehicle @Volkswagen circa 6 ore fa da Buffer
- City of #Science in #Rome | Vincent Callebaut >>> http://t.co/hGwDEwg1sr #architecture #italian #buildings http://t.co/0GyC0FRXV2 circa 20 ore fa da Buffer
- #Fotografie che sono idee #surreali http://t.co/2aJ88YDP1V @lastampa @feeldesain circa 22 ore fa da Twitter for Mac